It’s been forever and I won’t lie I didn’t miss blogging about my life. However, I’m not chronicling my life in any other way and I want to remember this period of my life in 30 years from now so I’m back at it! There is a part of me that wonders if I should write in a journal but who has time for that? On the flipside do I have time to type this all out? eh, maybe? Time will tell I suppose.
So let’s recap because my life has changed so much since my last post in June.
1. In my last blog I wrote about trying to sell our house and we did! We sold our house in June and were able to build our dream house! It was a rough process which required us to move twice in a three month span and live in a rental house while we were building the new house but it all worked out and we are happy in the new house.
2. I don’t know that I often verbalized in my blog my unhappiness with my job but to say I hated my job was an understatement. I was miserable and felt like I’d never find another job. I thought someone hated me and was playing a cruel trick on me by making me unemployable elsewhere. I started a 100 day challenge to try to remind myself that life wasn’t bad but I wasn’t myself for a good portion of 2014. Then in August I got an offer for a new job doing something different! Is it my dream job? No, but in all fairness I don’t know what my dream job would be. Am I happier? Heck yes! I like what I do and I absolutely adore my co-workers. My job was the only aspect in my life I was unhappy in and now that I’ve found a new job I’m happy and complete. It’s amazing how an instant unhappiness was lifted the minute I put my two week notice into my old job. I will never allow myself to be that miserable over a job again because I don’t think it was healthy that a job made me borderline depressed.
3. I’m not sure at what point Aves started talking in full sentences but she hasn’t stopped talking. I absolutely love and hate it at the same time. I love that she can verbalize what she wants but on the flip side she is extremely bossy. It’s a little much at times. I must admit I love the things that come out of her mouth because we are truly seeing her full personality and she is hilarious and amazing. It’s been fun to see the grown up version of her but it’s bittersweet because she’s no longer my little baby she’s now a little lady.
4. Chad and I celebrate 4 years of marriage in October. It’s amazing how fast time has flown since we got married and It’s crazy because I wasn’t sure how my life could be topped when we got married but every year continues to surprise me in the greatest way possible. I love that Chad will put up with me despite the fact I can be bitchy, whiny, rude, bossy, and mean to him. I suppose that’s true love and I appreciate that he puts up with me in good times and bad. I absolutely love him and love seeing him as a dad. I saw these images on pinterest and totally thought they related to me. lol
5. Avery and I saw Yo Gabba Gabba live which fulfilled a life long dream of hers. Okay, perhaps not but to say she was starstruck would be the understatement of the year. She was excited and in awe when DJ Lance touched her hand. If she had been a teenager she would have said “I’ll never wash my hand again.” It was truly one of the best moments I’ve had with her because she was excited and happy the whole night until it ended and she was sobbing out of sadness lol. I’m so fortunate that we are able to splurge on her for these types of events and maybe she won’t remember them as she gets older but I’ll never forget it.
Anyways, I’m sure there were some other highlights I missed out on but these were the main things that happened in the last half of 2014.
I’m excited for 2015 and for everything it has in store for us! At some point I’ll write out my goals and resolutions for the year and one of them is to write at least twice a week about what is going on in our life.
Anyways, here are a few of my fav pictures from the last half of the year that I pulled quickly from facebook and the captions that went with them
Today I said goodbye to Chad and I’s first house we owned together. The house has had some amazing memories created in it through the years. Chad proposed to me in our house. We expanded our family in the house with the adoption of Cooper and found out I was pregnant in the house. It was the house we brought Avery home from the hospital from and her house the first two years of her life. It’s been incredible and its sad to say goodbye. However, I’m excited for the new memories we make in our new house and can’t wait for it to be built!!
Here is our new house and we absolutely love it!!
Chad decided to be a monkey for Halloween and I thought it’d be funny to put Avery in a monkey costume. For the record I def bought a monkey costume just to recreate silly pictures of Chad and Avery together.
This year she dressed up a spider girl…
Last night I asked Avery what she is thankful for/loves and this is the list she came up…the raiders & colts may have been suggested to her but everything else is 100% her. She’s the best!